7.30.2008

Pictures of Our New Home

Notice that in my previous post I didn't use the word "house" and that's because "home" is a much better description of our new 1973 Volkswagon Westfalia (camper bus). Gotcha! I didn't want to be the girl who cried "home," but I just couldn't help a well timed/humored prank post.

This is Hubby's birthday present to himself and we're both really excited. We've wanted a VW camper for the longest time. It's definitely got some work ahead of it, but nothing we can't handle. Our first trip with our new "home" is going to be to Acadia National Park this weekend.

We are happy to announce that we won't be moving to Maine (as implied by the previous prank post), but returning to our real, Southern home in a week! I'm glad you can all take a joke.


7 comments:

  1. Lydia, you truly are rotten! hehehe. But that's why we love you. I might have been mad...but that van is to kickin'!!!! Can I please have a ride sometime!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:49 PM

    Cool van! I am so glad that you are coming home in a week!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a feeling you weren't for real. But I LOVE the vanQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:28 PM

    I love the new addition!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that van! We had an orange one I had a love/hate relationship with when I was little. It smelled like an old man's feet. :-) I loved the memories we made in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know what that is...freakin awesome is what that is

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA!Thats Awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete