Reunited, and it feels so good.

Thank you, Peaches and Herb for writing the song of my summer 2008.

Well, Hubster and I were reunited last Thursday. I picked him up at the airport (after 5 hours of waiting). Apparently, he spent 5 hours on a tarmac because of 10 minutes of inclimate weather. So, what should have been a 3 hour flight became an 8 hour flight. No worries, I was drunk on the expectation of seeing my husband - so, I got a coffee, found a comfy chair, and read "Love in the Time of Cholera." My dear hubby didn't have it so easy - he was stuck between two very annoying people in the window seat of a tiny plane. Well, he got to the airport eventually, we made it home by 11pm and got ready for the approaching road trip.

The next morning we headed to breakfast with our good friends, Heather and Randy. The hub unit had been craving IHOP for the past 6 weeks - so, we wanted to make sure he got his pancake fill. We then headed to "the BORO" to join our friend Bradley and Roseanna celebrate their wedding! It was awesome. We had a great time with the rest of the wedding party and enjoyed planning a prank at the Rehearsal Dinner. Saturday, Hubby hung out with the boys and even played 18 holes the day of the wedding - those who know my husband will find this pretty humorous. I hung out with Carolyn (one of the groomsmen's wife) and had a ball.

We had the awesome opportunity to go out for some margaritas with some good friends from my husbands youth group. We had a blast, enjoyed one another, and planned a future "Youth Group and Spouses" reunion in Ireland (I'll keep you posted as to whether or not that happens).

Sunday, my husband and I met with his family for breakfast in order to celebrate his 25th birthday. Woot! (can you say lower car insurance!) After breakfast, we immediately headed to the airport. We had a great time just chatting in the car on they way and really got our first amount of alone time since he had returned. We hung out at the airport for a while and then I left him around 2pm. I headed home. At 2am I was awoken by the phone ringing and through tons of static I made out the fact that my husband's connecting flight had been canceled and he would be spending the next 24 hours waiting for a flight to his final destination. Arghh.

Well, My flight left the next evening and my husband and I both arrived at our final destination at the same time. We were both exhausted. We got to our new little apartment for the summer at 2pm. My sweet husband had to go to work at 8am the next day (with only 6 hours over the past 3 days). He came over that afternoon and slept. We went out for dinner that evening and then, of course, went back to sleep.

This morning, I went to get a special breakfast to surprise my dear man. I'm planning on cleaning the apartment, grocery shopping, and picking up my bicycle from the UPS place. (YAY)
I'll keep you all updated on our adventures.


  1. Anonymous10:42 AM

    Happy Birthday, Matt!
    Enjoy your birthday.
    M & D

  2. Anonymous7:28 AM

    When did you add pictures of you and Matt? They are beautiful!