2.17.2009

The adventures of a Happy Homemaker...who happens to work outside the home

Yesterday was a "Faculty Development Day." In the past, these days were referred to as "Teacher Work Days," but this title has become misleading as for the most of the day (minus an hour for lunch) was spent sitting in meetings that were generally redundant and useless.

I left early yesterday to bring the car home to hubby. I then decided to make him some cookies (his favorite dessert). I took a chance on a recipe being an egg yolk short - it was a wrong move. I made about 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies that ended up tasting like tiny charred bricks. This is by far the worst mishap in my kitchen...EVER. My hubby will definitely get another batch of cookies (non-charred, non-bricks) soon.

While dessert turned out badly, our dinner of "Hot Lips Chicken" was fabulous. It was so easy and tasty and fresh - it will certainly enter the regular dinner rotation at our house.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:55 PM

    Will you post this recipe? It sounds interesting and I need a new chicken recipe to spice up dinner at the PA Warden's. Hugs to you and Mat.
    Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:56 PM

    The receipe does sound interesting and yummy. Can you share it?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete