6.14.2007

Wifedom

I see in you a wisdom, beauty, and grace
It brings into shadow the efforts and play-acting of lesser men.
You stand alone.

Strong, compassionate...a true man.
Feeling, thinking, never mocking - never the fool.
I see you with truthful eyes.

I know your faults and your failings -
Built your character
It awes all who know you.

In you I see hope
For the future -
In you a hope for leadership in a wicked and lost generation.

I do not know what you see.
I do not know why you see it.
I only know that what you see is dark and perverse.

A twisted image of your flaws.
A cloud which draws from joy only potent, bitter disappointment -
insatiable , it is all consuming - stealing from you a well fought victory

Turn and weep
You cannot see
The man you have become - the man you are

He waits alone
A realization unacknowledged, unaccepted
For your embrace.

1 comment:

  1. that's beautiful, friend

    I'm saying a prayer for you and him at this moment. You are both incredible, special people and wish you lived in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete