12.13.2007

Homemade Holiday Update: Part II

So, as I have previously posted, I am painfully behind on my Christmas projects....painfully. So, last night a dear friend asked me if I would like to come over and wrap gifts. Since I had no gifts finished and ready to wrap, I thought I would take the opportunity to get out of the house and finish hubby's super secret surprise gift. I've been trying to practice my ninja crafting skills by keeping an eye on the door and using hubby's time out of the house wisely, but to no avail. He is now done with his exams and will be en casa for the duration of the break. Hence, my journey to a friend's house last night in order to have some hot cocoa and much needed work time.

It was a really sweet time. I don't get to hang out with those wonderful ladies much and I must say sitting on a couch, watching "Christmas in Washington" and sharing our little Christmas memories was just what I needed. Might I add that I have a lot to learn when it comes to wrapping gifts...Melissa, Katie, and Missy, you guys are pros.

Another reason for my mid-week activity: I also was able to give a wonderful friend of mine some of my bibs to show to a local shop owner....I hope she likes them. That would be AMAZING. Just what my little business needs to get off the ground. The Purple Martin is on hold right now, waiting for our L.L.C. paperwork to go through. I'm so ready for this - once that hurdle is cleared we can set up shop (so to speak). The Christmas hiatus will be good for the creative juices, however.

All in all, I feel like I'm ready, but not ready. Confusing, I know.

Anyhow, I am almost finished with 3 of our big gifts for family and I now have one of hubby's homemade surprises finished. I really wish people I knew didn't read this blog so that I could post pictures of my pretty works...but, I have a feeling that curiosity would get the better of most of my family and Christmas surprises would be ruined.

I'll just have to post all the pictures after gifts have been received.

I still have a lot left to do...like put up our tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment