2.11.2008

I try not to get political

I've tried in the past not to get political, not to speak out, not to share my opinion in hopes that I would not alienate others or inadvertently judge.

I've been able to vote in 3 presidential elections....each one I have not been passionate about. I think this is typical for my generation. I have cast my ballot for the candidate who seemed most appropriate; however, knowing that the chips would fall where they may, my singular vote made no huge difference, and one president really was probably no better than another.


Something I have realized during this presidential primary is that my previous way of voting was due to what I saw as a lack of inspiring candidates. All candidates were equally uninspiring and so, I took the safe road, voting for who I thought was the less sleazy (if that can even be accurately measured) of them all.

But I have HOPE in this election. There are several candidates who I think would do a decent job, but there is one man who I think can change the course of our history...who can inspire and unite a divided nation, who can do unprecedented good in an office than has become a den of corruption.

If my words don't hold the least bit of sway with you...and why should they...and if you are at least a bit curious to know who I support, please watch this video.

2 comments:

  1. Ah. Thanks for the new post. It was tough coming to your blog everyday and drinking sand. Started to dry the throat.

    That said, as far as politics go, I say to you "welcome" to the group of us Christians who refuse to be constrained by red evangelical culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:44 AM

    Baby Girl,
    Couldn't find the link to the video? It is probably just me!
    M.W.

    ReplyDelete