1.25.2009

I hate packing...going crazy as a result


So, hubs and I are getting ready for the big unknown. Hubs is currently looking for a job outside of our grande 'ole state (as am I - sort of), we're getting our house ready to put on the market, and of course, packing up the homestead. Did I mention that we have absolutely NO idea what we're doing.

Moving has never been difficult for me - well, my Mom would probably tell you otherwise. Growing up as an ARMY brat, moving was a part of life, the natural course of events, like breathing or summers in Aspen...it was just...well...normal. Granted, every move came with it's challenges: finding a school, trying to catch up or stay interested when curriculums & school schedules didn't match up, making new friends, keeping the old, learning road names, learning new languages and most importantly - nevermind - it's all pretty much important. 

See, I'm a slash and burn kind of mover. Don't need it, trash it. I'm not gonna hold onto much. If everything but those dried roses from my senior prom fits into the box, then "bye-bye roses." I see no point in holding onto the old. Isn't that what moving is about - moving on? 

As we begin to pack up our house (our very first house), I'm beginning to feel the need for a machete and a blow torch. I used to be able to pack myself in like 5 hours flat, but after acquiring a husband, 2 dogs, a house, furniture for said house...and a garage full of junk, I fear this packing thing might last ages. Add the injury to my back a few months (years) ago and it seems like a better idea to just stay put. I hate packing. 

Maybe we'll just sell the house fully furnished? 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:09 PM

    That is what I will do if and when we move again. Furnished house for sale. Everything else except clothes, cooking utensils and pictures will be sold or tossed. It is the only way to move.
    We will be praying for you as you anticipate moving. Maybe you will move to PA? Maybe Bethlehem, PA:)
    Guess who

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:49 PM

    First you need to decide what you want to get rid of, but don't just get rid of it out of frustration...because you will probably want it later.
    Secondly, you need to pack up what you don't need.
    Thirdly, take care of things you aren't going to keep.
    Fourthly, clean.
    Fifthly, repair or paint.
    Then you can rest.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete