8.04.2010

Finished Object: Nursing Cover


As you all know, I don't part with money if I don't have to. Which is why my my husband's "To Do" list has grown exponentially over the past few months. It's a good thing that I have been carrying my own weight (physically growing exponentially) in my sewing. Why buy things when you can make them? In fact, my husband pretty much hates going shopping with me because it usually always ends with, "I could make that."

Enter the nursing cover. I knew I could get by with a baby blanket draped over the shoulder...but the covers just seemed so nifty and private. So, thanks to Sew Much Ado for the excellent nursing cover tutorial. If you can sew a straight edge, it's not hard to figure out. This tutorial is straight forward and informative and completely worth the 15 minutes to save $40.

I'm extremely happy with my finished project. I used scrap fabric, which I'll be honest isn't bright or happy and doesn't really inspire me to make milk...but, it'll do. Now, if I could only learn how to work with wood and metal....

No comments:

Post a Comment