9.26.2008

Back Problems

Good Morning All,
Let me first say that while I am still experiencing some pain that will affect my daily activities, I am much improved and can walk, sit, and stand with relative comfort. I was even able to drive myself to the doc's office this morning and that was a blessing!

I met with the doctor and here is what was found:

1) I have a good looking back. The boned and surrounding muscles, curvature of the spine, etc. all look great. He actually said there was a lot of "steak" in my back...meaning the muscle was very toned and lovely...yes, you can now refer to me as "your beloved 'steak-back'."

2) I do have 2 herniated discs in my lower back - he gave me numbers and letters for them, but I prefer to call them "Benedict" and "Arnold." You may refer to them as "Ben & Arny"... not to be confused with "Ben & Jerry."

3) There is indeed a third disc that is not fully mutinous as of yet, but is on the fence...we shall refer to it as "humpty dumpty" - although Humpty Dumpty
was in fact sitting on a wall and not a fence.

4) The doctor has suggested a simple course of action which will involve cortisone injections (as needed), physical therapy (remedial training of a horsewoman), and narcotics. As you all know, it has been my life long dream to use narcotics legally, so I am in this instance quite fulfilled.

5) The doctor does not know what will happen and cannot give me more of a prognosis than "wait and see" - such wisdom I know comes from the rigors of medical training. Surgery might be in my future, but of course that is a last resort and not at all something being seriously considered at this time.

6) I'm optimistic about the situation - of course, I am on drugs at this moment.

I hope you all found this post to be both informative and entertaining. I know it might sound like I am making light of a situation and I am. Let me just once and for all state for all of you naysayers (Big Sis and Hubster) that I do indeed have a moderate pain tolerance and am in no way a wimp. HA!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:24 PM

    You are hilarious in spite of your pain. Take care of yourself.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete