1.29.2009

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; His love endures forever

I know what you're thinking...which is a bit presumptuous of me, I admit, but work with me. You are thinking, "It's 8:30 in the morning. What could she possibly have to write about." Well, dear friends, let me explain the night and morning that I have had.

Last night, I ended my reading on Psalm 101. This makes 70 Psalms in one day. I admit this is a fast read, but I have become a voracious reader for the Word and couldn't put it down. Well, God responded. My dreams were filled with scripture - not Bible stories, but scripture. It was awesome. When I woke this morning, it brought to mind Psalm 16. "I will praise the Lord who guides me; in the night also my heart instructs me." I'm glad to know that God even guides me and instructs me as I sleep. I need all the time with Him I can get.

Anyhow, back to this morning. I hopped in my car and started the drive to work. Not 2 miles from my house; I witnessed a 3 car accident as it happened. One car drifted into the median, over corrected and was hit by another car, which was hit by another oncoming car. All within seconds. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Almost automatically, I pulled over, jumped out of my car and ran to help those who were hurt. Thankfully, folks who had cellphones were already on the phones with 911. When all was said and done, I went back to my car and continued onto school. Thank God for safety. Thank God everyone was okay.

Now, if my back would just relax and realize that what we did today was a good thing and not a reason to freak out.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:02 PM

    70 Psalms in one day...

    You are smokin hot!

    Love ya.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete