2.05.2009

Exhausted...but happy

Before the Cleaning...

Hubster's and my families came up for the weekend to help us prepare for putting our house up on the market. We have no idea where we will be this time next year and want to make sure that we don't have a house tying us down. Let me just say that Hubs and I are uber blessed. My parents came up Friday night and got a feel of what needed to be done: clean out the garage, pack up "excess" belongings, make runs to recycling centers and city dump, get yard in order, and PRAY.

We started early the next morning. Mom and I ran to Sam's Club to pick up some boxes. We were gone for an hour...and by the time we returned Dad and Matt had completely cleaned out the garage. It looked like a new house. Mom and I had to run out again for supplies and this time, by the time we got back my Pops had completely changed the shape of my yard and Hubster had cleaned our closet of shame, installed new toilet lids, and cleaned out the gutters. I'm a pretty lucky little girl.

Hubster's parents arrived and brought lunch and cookies and sweet tea. Momma J helped planted some pansies and helped me buy some much needed foilage and outdoor decor. Mr. L rake the ENTIRE yard. If you knew how much pine straw we have, you would be impressed. We had some much leaf and limb and pin straw stacked up in our yard that our elderly neighbor was a little miffed that we were waiting the 2 week period for the city to pick it up (for free).

we ended the day of extremely hard work with an early dinner. It was really lovely to have both sets of parents with us as encouragment and support. As I said, we are VERY blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! I'm exhausted just reading about all that was done at your house! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:47 PM

    And so are we....blessed to have you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:36 AM

    YOU ARE BLESSED WITH WONDERFUL GIVING PARENTS AND IN-LAWS! WISH WE WERE CLOSER TO HELP TOO. AUNT BARB'S TIP FOR SELLING YOUR HOME - BUY A YANKEE CANDLE (HOME SWEET HOME). PEOPLE WALKING THROUGH LOVE THE HOMEY SCENT. WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR A QUICK SALE OF YOUR HOME. ANY CERTAIN TYPE OF LAW PRACTICE YOUR HUBBY IS LOOKING FOR? ANGE NANNIED FOR A PROMINENT ATTY FOR MANY YEARS. LET US KNOW.
    LOVE YOU BOTH,
    AUNT BARB

    ReplyDelete